Home Economics has a lot of importance to family, individuals and even the nation at large. In this post, you get to know them accordingly.
Importance of Home Economics to Individuals
1. It helps to teach individuals how to live well In their environment.
2. It helps the Individual to get prepared for the role of a home-maker.
3. Individuals who study Home Economics can take up careers In home management, food and nutrition, clothing and textile.
4. It helps to create awareness about the dangers of food poisoning and it teaches them to prepare and preserve food with care.
5. It equips the individual with knowledge, skills, and attitudes that will enable him or her cope with the problems of health, environmental sanitation and over-crowding.
6. It teaches individuals how to spend his or her money wisely.
Importance of Home Economics to the Family
1. It can help family members to get along very well with one another.
2. It teaches the family how to plan, cook, serve and eat good food.
3. it helps members of the family prepare for their expected roles in the society.
4. it helps the family to manage their homes effectively.
5. Home Economics helps to train family members in child care. It also teaches them how to cope with some of the health and social problems such as poor diet, delinquency and drug abuse.
Importance of Home Economics to the Nation
1. Home Economics helps to raise a healthy nation through good food and nutrition, clothing and body care.
2. It helps the nation to reduce poverty, crime, prostitution and other vices associated with youths. This is
because its knowledge provides many jobs for youths who are qualified and interested to work.
3. It helps to improve the economy of a nation. Home Economics products bring money into the nation in many ways, as those gainfully employed also pay taxes to the government used in developing the nation.
4. It provides a variety of jobs for people thereby creating a working nation.